The College of Lake County and McHenry County College are very excited to invite you to the 2013 ICCSAA Student Leadership Conference happening Friday, November 1 at Key Lime Cove and Saturday, November 2 at the College of Lake County. You can begin making your hotel reservations and submitting your conference registrations at any time – we are ready!
Below you will find a variety of items to help you plan for the conference:
Call for Proposals:
- We are soliciting workshop proposals from all interested students and staff who are attending the conference. The workshop proposal packet highlights what we are looking for with the workshops.
- 2013 Proposal Packet
Community Service Projects:
- We are planning a couple of community service projects as a part of the conference. Some will be taking place at the conference, and we are gauging interest from schools about doing an off-site project Friday afternoon, which will be completed in time for dinner.
- The ticket to get in line for dinner will be a stocking hat, scarf, gloves, or socks donation. Each person should bring down one of these items to dinner, and all of the items will be donated to local shelters, food pantry’s, and schools.
- Remember to put together a large puzzle-piece collage (the size of a poster board) which highlights a community service project you implemented on your home campus or in your community within the past year.
Friday, November 1
- Check in at hotel from Noon-5:30pm (Key Lime Cove – Gurnee, IL)
- In House and Local Community Service Projects happening during this time
- Waterpark and Arcade open during this time
- Shuttles to Gurnee Mills running during this time
- Dinner seating and Icebreaker at 5:30pm
- Dinner with Keynote from 6-7:30pm
- Evening Entertainment and In-House Service Projects from 7:30pm- ???
- Shuttles to Gurnee Mills will be available
- Waterpark & Arcade open until 11pm
Saturday, November 2
- Boxed breakfast at Key Lime Cove from 7-8:30am
- Opening & Welcome 9:00am at College of Lake County
- Breakout sessions from 9:30am-12:30pm (3 sessions)
- Boxed lunch and Conference Closing at 12:30pm
If you have any questions at all about the conference, registration process, or workshops, please contact us.