We are 1 week away from the 2013 Professional Development Conference at Starved Rock! A few reminders for those attending:
Ed Snyder Merit Book Submissions
The conference is the deadline for your institution to submit your ICCSAA Merit Book. Click this link for the overview and criteria for you to review to make sure that your Merit Book is the best that it can be. If you have completed a Merit Book, but are not attending the ICCSAA Meeting/Conference next week, please ship it Marvin L. Rasch, Director of Student Engagement at Heartland Community College.
Up Yours! Silent Auction
“Up Yours!” is our creative saying for our auction held at this conference. This auction is fun way for our professional staff to help raise funds for at least two student scholarships to be awarded at our fall conference. Please bring your items ready for display at the conference. Items donated ranged from college paraphernalia, a collection of handmade scarves, autographed books, tickets to ball games, packaged goods that had one night hotel stay along with passes to a park or a wine set or basket of delicious chocolates. It’s limitless so be creative and have a ball! Also, please BID! All proceeds from the auction go to funding student scholarships. Click here for the submission form.
Additional Reminders & Highlights
- Starved Rock is providing a guided hike to thank us for our continued patronage, they will also be taking photos for marketing purposes. Don’t forget your hiking shoes!
- Please review the roundtable topics listed below and bring along any resources that may be helpful to your colleagues.
- Fundraising, Solicitation and Cash Handling Procedures for Clubs
- Food Pantries in Community Colleges
- Marketing Resources/Giveaways
- Evening Events
- Multicultural Events
- New Student Orientation Trends
- Campus Safety in Uncertain Times
- Large Scale Programming on Shrinking Budgets
- Incorporating Education in Social Programming
- Surveying Students
- End of Year Programs and Events
- Service Learning Opportunities
- Professional Development for Students
- E-cigarettes policy
- Student Trustee
- Alternative Spring Break
- Innovative Ideas for Programming to the Adult Learner Audience
- Best Practices for student life planning at satellite locations
- How to engage non-student life staff taking ownership of events
See you at the Conference!